Saturday, February 19, 2011

Flags

It would have been easier to give medicine to the cats than to get my children out of the house on time yesterday, so we were late leaving and then the gas light came on, and I didn't have a cell number for the person we were supposed to meet. And I hate being late. I was never late to things before I had kids. Let's just say that there was an abundance of grouching in my car, most of it coming from me.

While sitting at (yet another) red light, I looked out my window and noticed two strangely familiar flags. And then I realized why they looked so familiar. I happened to be stopped right outside my old work, where for three years I had stared at those two flags out my office window while wishing and praying I could be with my children instead of at work. I really liked my job, but I missed Elizabeth so much.

It can be so easy to get caught up in the little stresses of life, and so easy to lose sight of the big picture. I am so thankful that I get to spend every day with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment