Monday, March 7, 2011

(Just a Few) Reasons to Be Thankful

10 Things I am thankful for, off the top of my head, right at this very moment:

1. A great production of Footloose. It's wonderful to see dear friends and my dear husband carrying on with their love of theatre and passing that on to a new generation. I'm fortunate to be close to such kind and talented people.
2. Getting to take my kids to see live theatre, with live musicians. The kids on stage were superheroes to my girl. And she was mighty proud of her first props; ketchup and mustard bottles she'd filled with playground gravel to keep them from rolling off the tables. (Thanks for giving her that job, S.)
3. My washing machine. I complain about having to put the laundry away, but I'd complain a lot more if I'd had to wash it all by hand.
4. My dishwasher. After the 7+ years in Arlington with no dishwasher, I sure am glad to be able to put everything in and press start.
5. NPR. I like to hear what's going on in the world while I make/clean up from dinner. And it's much better than the network TV coverage, which mainly seems to be about The Weather. (It's coming our way! What this means for your commute, after this commercial.)
6. My husband, who is crazy busy, and who still dropped everything to come home tonight when his girl needed him.
7. Baby carriers, and the babies who sleep in them when nothing else will do for soothing.
8. The opportunity to watch my baby grow and change each day. Last night she figured out crawling. That change, from sitting unsupported to moving unassisted is a monumental one.
9. Kitties who keep us company on good days and bad.
10. The way my husband looks at me, still, after 7 years of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment