Thursday, August 4, 2011

Experiencing History! Now in 3-D!

This morning's adventures included a trip to Mannassas National Battlefield Park with the Hochkeppel girls, to Get The Kids Out of the House and to Experience Some History. Also, I realized last night that while we have visited some national parks in Abigail's first year of life, I have neglected to stamp her National Parks Passport, and it has become very important to do this before her birthday next week.

So, here we are! Experiencing history! And lots of grass!

Betsy, Ella and Mimi recreate the historically accurate "standing around near a cannon, watching a herd of tourists, possibly while eating apples."

Gratuitously cute shot of my BFF and my kid.

There was only minor disappointment when my older child realized that the big horse was not real and therefore unavailable for riding around the battlefield.

History now includes 3-D glasses!

This reminds me of so many 1980s family vacation photos.

Ella and Betsy in their new bonnets from the gift shoppee. History on their heads!

Sarah and Becca enjoy themselves immensely. On the inside.

Also available at the gift shop.



Mimi completes her Junior Ranger exercises, and earns a patch! Or a badge!

And now I can proudly say that Abigail's passport is... untouched. Left home on the kitchen table. I guess we need to visit another park!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment