Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Volunteer Farm: Planting

I wish I'd published these pictures earlier, but this way you'll get to see the full cycle.  Today, images from The Volunteer Farm in Woodstock, VA, back in June.  This is a great organization that has provided literally tons of fresh produce to area food banks, filling a real need (and real bellies) in our community.

We were part of a group from St. Matthew's that went to help with planting.  Can you guess what was in the back of that truck?




 


Tomatoes!  There were just a few (thousand) to plant.


Three generations in hiking boots.


Everyone can help!

I must admit that I often feel like I'm one of the less-useful volunteers on these trips.  I think I've either been hugely pregnant or had a small child in tow every time we've come.  But every little bit helps, right?

Coming soon: Part 2 (Harvest Time)

Photo Credit: Images of hiking boots and close-up tomatoes by Betsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment