Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making Christmas, Part 2

Behold, more Christmas crafting fun!

Dolls that I made for the girls:


This was another of the projects I'd planned for years, and finally accomplished this Christmas.  I'm so happy with how they turned out, these little muslin dolls with embroidered faces.   They were actually pretty easy and only took a few after-bedtimes to make, patterning to finishing.


They're nearly identical, except each has an embroidered heart with her girl's first initial inside so we know whose is whose.  And the feet turn in different directions (by accident, because I wasn't paying attention when I pinned them).

Car kits by Matthew.  He did the woodworking, and the kids get to decorate the cars.


They're so soft and smooth unpainted, I'd be tempted to leave them as they are.  But of course the girls are all about painting and so now we have purple glitter cars in progress.


Immediate car love on Christmas morning. 

And finally, a little mother-daughter set painting, just because it's such a fun memory.


She merrily exclaimed, "Mommy, this is the first set I ever painted!"  And then her sister woke up and tried to go through the door we'd painted on, and wowie was she proud.

There are things we made that I didn't post, and things we made that I didn't even photograph.  Looking back, it seems like a lot, but we had such a good time doing it.  And ultimately, that's what's important.  I know not everyone loves to do this stuff.  But I think we're happier people when we're busy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment