Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Superhero Bunnies

Betsy has been making Easter cards, with a little help from me. Although the basic template is the same, I enjoy that each has evolved into its own little scene, complete with sequin eggs, artful belly button placement (look for one in the middle of a forehead), and occasional backstory.

The artist discusses her work below.


"This bunny has a basket in his paw, and his key for opening up the front doors to get in. Also, there's a spider. No no, not a spider. It's a sun. The writing at the top says Betsy."



For the one on the left: "One is happy and one's sad. Because they don't like their home. Well, one does and the other doesn't. This one [the smiling one] says 'You are the bestest.' The sad one is saying 'I want Mama.'"

For the one on the right: "It has seven eyes because it's a giant alien bunny and it can fly up in space and hide Easter eggs up there. For the aliens."


For the one on the left: "She's a girl. She has one colored ear because she's an alien. She's my favorite."

For the one on the right: "They're both happy and I like their homes. I love them. They were the bestest bunnies of all because they were superhero bunnies. They can hide the eggs really fast and then they zoom away."

3 comments:

  1. haha I love that kid. These are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miriam and Lindsay! I enjoyed the running narratives as she created these.

    ReplyDelete