Monday, June 27, 2011

Ten Loves (#10: Eating What We Grow)

In honor of the last ten days until (or somewhat soon after) graduation, ten things for which I am super thankful.

#1: Family
#2: Doodling
#3: The Farmers' Market
#4: Thursday Afternoon Playdates
#5: Graduation Bingo
#6: Party Preparation
#7: Discovering the Sweetness
#8: Sewing Together
#9: Playing Dress Up

#10: Eating What We Grow



A few months ago I wrote about our past attempts at container gardening, and the fruits of our labor (or lack thereof). I wrote how I hoped to beat last year's record harvest of three tomatoes.

Well, so far this year's tomato crop looks promising, but what we're really enjoying at the moment is lettuce. We may not have a whole garden full, but this little window box has been providing more than enough for side salads and sandwich toppings, with plenty left over for Abigail to snag and munch on while she "helps" me water the plants each morning. What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment