Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Plans

Well, the good news is that I found the post that had disappeared nearly two weeks ago, the one about Thursday Afternoon Playdates. Unfortunately it re-posted as if it were written today. Annoying. Sorry if you got it twice.

Anyway.

Today being the penultimate day of preschool, with my first full summer as a stay-at-home mom approaching, I feel like I should have some plan of action.

And I have virtually no plans.

Most of my stay-at-home-parent friends think this is crazy talk, and I admit it's a little daunting, all that unstructured time that might be filled with such activities as whining and sibling rivalry. I guess, after many busy months, I'm just ready to not have to do anything.

Now there are lots of things I want to do, like:
fruit picking
traveling to visit friends
exploring Portland, Maine
finding the magic laundry elves
swimming at the pool
swimming at the beach
going for walks after dinner
finally getting the house picked up
working in the garden
visiting some local Civil War sites for the 150th
walking to the library
fixing the sewing machine
volunteering with the big girl
learning to make jam
and much more!

If I can be creative with finances, I think I'm only limited by what I can sanely do with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment